Tokyo's BEST Hotel? Asakusa APA Hotel Review! (Mind Blown!)

APA Hotel Asakusa Shin Okachimachi Ekimae Tokyo Japan

APA Hotel Asakusa Shin Okachimachi Ekimae Tokyo Japan

Tokyo's BEST Hotel? Asakusa APA Hotel Review! (Mind Blown!)

Tokyo's BEST Hotel? Asakusa APA Hotel Review! (Mind. Blown. Seriously.) - A Rambling, Real-Life Tale of Tiny Rooms and Towering Comfort!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea (and maybe some soba noodles) on the Asakusa APA Hotel in Tokyo. Forget those perfectly curated travel blogs. This is the real deal – the good, the slightly confusing, and the absolutely glorious. And let me tell you, my mind? Blown.

First Impressions & Location – A Tokyo Dream on a Budget

So, you're in Tokyo, right? The land of neon, ramen, and… well, let's face it, sometimes outrageously expensive hotels. That's where the Asakusa APA Hotel swoops in like a budget-friendly superhero. Located bang in the heart of Asakusa, it's an absolute win for exploring. Picture this: you stumble out of the hotel practically tripping over the Senso-ji Temple. Seriously, it's that close. And the Nakamise-dori street with all the amazing street food? Five-minute waltz away. Accessibility? Spot on. You can easily navigate the area, the hotel offers facilities for disabled guests, and the nearby public transport is generally pretty good, even if navigating the stations is a sport in itself.

The Room: Tiny but Mighty! (And with Free Wi-Fi! Praise the Gods!)

Okay, let's be real. APA Hotels are known for their… compact rooms. "Cozy" might be a more generous word. But honestly? I kind of loved it. It's like living in a high-tech capsule. Everything is perfectly designed, and every inch of space is used efficiently. The free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (thank the travel gods!) was a lifesaver for sharing Insta stories and staying connected. There's Internet access – wireless and LAN too, so you're covered.

The room itself? Non-smoking rooms are available (thank goodness!). You get the essential condiments: a teeny-tiny desk, a fridge, a TV with on-demand movies, and a perfectly functional (though, again, tiny) bathroom. Think of it as a perfectly formed, self-contained apartment. It had air conditioning, which, let me tell you, is crucial during Tokyo's sticky summers. It felt like a perfectly packaged, clean, and functional basecamp for a day of exploring. Daily housekeeping kept it shipshape. The bed was surprisingly comfy, and the blackout curtains were a godsend for sleeping off jet lag.

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe and Sound

Now, I’m a bit of a germaphobe, let's be honest. But I felt super safe at this hotel. They take cleanliness seriously. The rooms are sanitized between stays, and anti-viral cleaning products are used. There's hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff is clearly trained in safety protocols. Plus, you've got security [24-hour], CCTV in common areas, and fire extinguishers, so you can rest easy (well, as easy as you ever can in a new city!).

The Food Scene: Ramen, Vending Machines & (Maybe, Just Maybe) A Western Breakfast

Okay, the food situation is where things get a little… interesting. The hotel has a restaurant. I had the breakfast [buffet] one morning and let me tell you, it was an experience. I’m talking classic Japanese staples alongside a scrappy attempt at a Western breakfast. I went for the buffet… the Asian breakfast was pretty good. There are desserts in the restaurant too which I loved.

The real culinary magic, however, is outside. Asakusa is a foodie paradise! The hotel doesn't have room service [24-hour] but with the nearby options, who needs it? I survived mostly on street food and the trusty vending machines (essential for late-night cravings).

And the Amenities… Fitness and Spa? Hold Your Horses!

Okay, let's be straight. This isn't a luxury resort. There's no pool with view, no spa, no sauna, no steamroom, no body scrubs, no body wraps. You're not coming here for a pampering retreat. There is a fitness center, but I never actually made it down there. I was too busy exploring!

But the real win here is the location, affordability and the core experience of being well located in a well-run, spotlessly clean hotel.

Navigating "Getting Around" and Other Conveniences

Getting around is generally easy. The hotel offers airport transfer, taxi service, and car park [on-site]. But be warned, the parking can be a bit tight! You've also got a convenience store right next door, which is a lifesaver for snacks, drinks, and those forgotten essentials. There's also a laundry service, and luggage storage, which is handy. The concierge is helpful, too. They speak English and helped me with some basic directions.

The "Things to Do" Factor: Asakusa at Your Doorstep!

This is where the hotel truly shines. The location! As I mentioned, you're practically in Asakusa! You're a few steps from the famous Senso-ji Temple, the Nakamise-dori street, and the Sumida River. There are tons of restaurants, bars, and shops all around. Things to do? Endless! This is the perfect base for exploring Tokyo.

The Quirks and Imperfections (Because Nothing is Perfect)

Okay, here's the unvarnished truth. The rooms are small. Really small. Packing light is essential. Also, the elevator can get a bit crowded during peak times. And the breakfast, while adequate, is not exactly Michelin-star worthy.

My Verdict: Tokyo APA Hotel - An Honest, Flawed, and Utterly Brilliant Choice!

So, is the Asakusa APA Hotel Tokyo's "BEST" hotel? Well, that depends what you’re looking for. If you’re a luxury-loving, spa-obsessed traveler, this might not be your cup of matcha.

But if you're a budget-conscious explorer who values a clean, safe, well-located place to crash after a day of adventure, then… YES! Absolutely! This hotel delivered on its promises. It was clean, convenient, and affordable. More than that, it served as the perfect launching pad for exploring the amazing city of Tokyo. The location truly is unbeatable and allows easy access to all the key sights. It’s not perfect, but that's part of its charm. It’s real!

Final Thoughts and My Mind-Blown Moment

My mind was blown by the efficiency and practicality of the room design. And the feeling that this hotel was clean made me want to stay there. It made the experience of exploring the city so much more enjoyable knowing I has a reliable, comfortable, and safe home base. I felt that I had a well-located, clean and comfortable hotel and it's a super affordable price in Tokyo.

Stop scrolling your timeline, go! It's truly a fantastic spot for a Tokyo adventure.


Here is my super compelling, slightly messy, and oh-so-real offer:

Tired of Overpriced Tokyo Hotels? Craving an Unforgettable Adventure? Book the Asakusa APA Hotel NOW! (Before I Book It Again!)

Listen, you've heard the review. You know the score. The Asakusa APA Hotel is your secret weapon for unlocking the magic of Tokyo without breaking the bank.

Here's what you'll get:

  • Prime Location: Walk to Senso-ji Temple, Nakamise-dori, and the Sumida River! Ditch the endless train rides and start exploring immediately.
  • Spotless Cleanliness: Forget those dodgy budget hotels. This place is pristine.
  • Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected, share your adventures, and browse the world (or just Netflix) without racking up data charges.
  • Cozy but Functional Rooms: Everything you need, cleverly packed into a space-saving haven.
  • Safety and Security: Sleep soundly knowing you're in a safe and well-protected environment.
  • Accessibility: Easy access and facilities for a smoother experience.
  • Affordable Rates: Save your money for ramen, souvenirs, and all those amazing Tokyo experiences!

But here's the catch (and it's a good one):

Book NOW and Get a Special Bonus:

  • Early Bird Discount: Get an exclusive discount on your stay when you book within the next 72 hours!
  • Free Guide: Access a downloadable Asakusa neighborhood guide, packed with insider tips, hidden gems, and the best local foodie recommendations.

Don't miss out! Rooms at this gem book up fast. They are often booked! You've read the review, you know how good it is. Click Here to Secure Your Tokyo Adventure Today! [Include direct reservation link here, use affiliate links if possible.]

**P.S

Escape to Paradise: Your Await in Marbella Bali's Cattleya Suite

Book Now

APA Hotel Asakusa Shin Okachimachi Ekimae Tokyo Japan

APA Hotel Asakusa Shin Okachimachi Ekimae Tokyo Japan

Okay, buckle up, buttercup, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, chaotic mess that was my trip to Tokyo, specifically the APA Hotel Asakusa Shin Okachimachi Ekimae. This isn't your sterile, perfectly-edited travel blog – this is the unfiltered, still-recovering-from-jetlag experience.

APA Hotel, Asakusa: Week-Long Tokyo Tamale

Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Regret (Okay, maybe not regret, but definitely a healthy dose of "What Have I Gotten Myself Into?")

  • Arrival: Narita Airport (NRT). Sweet mother of pearl, that airport is HUGE. I’d heard the horror stories, but nothing prepares you for the sheer scale. Finding the train to Ueno felt like an Olympic event. I swore I saw the signage mocking me; it was all in Japanese, of course, and I'd only mastered "Konnichiwa" thanks to my phone translation app.
  • Train to Hotel: Okay, the train? Smooth. Efficient. A masterclass in public transportation efficiency. The problem? My luggage wasn't. One particularly aggressive rolling suitcase nearly took out a salaryman in a pristine suit. I mumbled a panicked apology, and hoped he understood my mortified expression.
  • Hotel Check-In: The APA Hotel. Tiny. Efficiently tiny. My room? Well, let’s just say I could touch all four walls simultaneously. But the view from the window? Priceless. Tokyo sprawled below me, a glowing metropolis of neon and promise, and it instantly erased the claustrophobia.
  • First Meal: Found some ramen shop near the hotel - the smell was amazing. It was a tiny place, crammed with locals, and the atmosphere was buzzing. The broth was heavenly. The noodles perfect. I’m pretty sure I slurped the whole bowl down in record time, oblivious to the polite (and probably slightly amused) stares of the other patrons. I’m already in love with this crazy city.

Day 2: Culture Shock & Karaoke Catastrophe

  • Morning - Senso-ji Temple: Wow. Just… wow. The colours! The incense! The sheer spiritual energy of it all! I wandered around for hours, soaking it all in. Bought a fortune (omikuji) - which predicted…well, let's just say it wasn’t exactly sunshine and rainbows. I might have just been slightly nervous on this trip, but at least I experienced some "spiritual growth".
  • Afternoon - Ueno Park: Art, nature, and a whole bunch of people-watching. Strolled through the park. Stumbled upon a street performer doing some incredible calligraphy. Bought a matcha ice cream (which, let's be honest, was probably the best thing I’ve ever tasted).
  • Evening - Karaoke Chaos: This is where things went terribly, hilariously wrong. Went with a few other travellers. Japanese karaoke is a whole different beast of glory. I, of course, chose a Queen song (massive mistake). My voice cracked halfway through "Bohemian Rhapsody," and I'm pretty sure I offended every eardrum in the room. But oh, the laughter! The shared mortification! This will be the best and worst memory!

Day 3: Shibuya Scramble & a Ramen Addiction

  • Morning - Shibuya Crossing: Okay, the pictures don't even begin to do it justice. The sheer throng of people pouring across the intersection is mind-blowing. I joined the swirling current, felt like a fish in an expertly run aquarium, and took approximately 100 photos.
  • Afternoon - Shopping Spree (in Theory): Shibuya 109 -- I entered, was overwhelmed, and promptly fled. The fashion was, shall we say, bold. And I'm not exactly a fashion icon.
  • Evening - Ramen Redux: Okay, I have a problem. A delicious, noodle-filled problem. Went to a different Ramen joint tonight. This one was known for their tonkotsu broth. I had to wait an hour in line, but it was worth it. I’m starting to feel like a ramen connoisseur. (Probably not, but a girl can dream.)

Day 4: Day Trip to Hakone: Beauty & Bus Blunders

  • Morning - Train to Hakone: Beautiful. Mountain views. Volcanic hot springs. This area is stunning!
  • Afternoon - Hakone Ropeway: The view of Mount Fuji from the ropeway was, dare I say, breathtaking? (and I don't throw that word around lightly). Then, disaster struck. Well, not disaster, but a minor annoyance. The bus back to the station was PACKED. I’m talking sardines-in-a-can packed. I may or may not have accidentally elbowed a little old lady. (Apologies in advance, if she's reading this.)
  • Evening - Back to Tokyo, Exhausted: Dinner was some mediocre convenience store food at 10 pm. I crashed hard, but the lingering memories of the beauty of Hakone were worth the exhaustion.

Day 5: Ghibli Museum & the Gripes of Getting There

  • Morning - Ghibli Museum: Tickets procured months in advance, and the anticipation was unreal. The museum itself? Magical. Whimsical. A celebration of animation and imagination. But the journey there was… complicated. The train, the bus, the crowds… It was like a treasure hunt with a hidden clue at every turn. Even armed to the teeth with translation, I almost missed the bus stop!
  • All-Afternoon - Ghibli Immersion: Okay, I’m not going to spoil it for you. But the museum is well worth the trip, and the tickets procurement pain!
  • Evening - Back to the Hotel, Blissfully Tired: I couldn't believe any museum could be so perfect. Dinner was delivery ramen from a local place.

Day 6: Akihabara & Arcade Adventures (and a serious lack of skill)

  • Morning - Akihabara: The electric town. The mecca of anime and video games. The dizzying display of bright lights and flashing screens. I'm not typically a gamer, but I spent far too much time in an arcade, trying to master a claw machine. Let's just say my skill level needs some work.
  • Afternoon - Anime Cafe: Went to a maid cafe, which was an all-around hilarious experience. The cute outfits, the enthusiastic greetings, the slightly awkward conversations. Good fun! I was trying to play along with the whole "Master" and "Princess" thing, but I’m pretty sure I just looked like a bewildered foreigner.
  • Evening - Final Ramen & Farewell: One last bowl of ramen. A tearful (okay, maybe a slight exaggeration, but there was a definite sense of sadness) farewell to my favourite noodle dishes. Walking around the neighbourhood, taking in the city vibes. This is a really special place.

Day 7: Departure & the Bitter Sweet Goodbyes

  • Morning - Final Japanese Breakfast: Couldn't face the thought of the airplane food. So I found a little spot nearby to eat breakfast. Simple, delicious, and a reminder of the wonderful people and food from the week.
  • Departure: Back to Narita. Tears were shed. (Okay, maybe just a little bit of wistfulness.) Tokyo, you beautiful, chaotic, utterly captivating place, I will definitely be back.

Hotel Observations:

  • The APA Hotel was clean, efficient, and about as intimate as an escape room. But, honestly, I spent so little time in the room, it didn't matter.
  • The free Wi-Fi was a lifesaver.
  • The staff were unfailingly polite and helpful, even when faced with my atrocious Japanese.

Final Thoughts

Tokyo is a sensory overload. It’s exhausting. It’s exhilarating. You’ll get lost. You'll make mistakes. You'll eat noodles until you think you might actually become a noodle. And you’ll fall utterly, irrevocably in love with this crazy, wonderful city. Go. Just go. And don't forget your appetite (and maybe a phrasebook). See ya later, Tokyo!

Unforgettable Family Escape: Les Gets Chalet Magic!

Book Now

APA Hotel Asakusa Shin Okachimachi Ekimae Tokyo Japan

APA Hotel Asakusa Shin Okachimachi Ekimae Tokyo Japan

Asakusa APA Hotel: My Brain Exploded (But in a Good Way?) - FAQs!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from the Asakusa APA Hotel, and my brain is still trying to untangle itself from the experience. Forget "luxury" – this place is like a perfectly engineered box of surprises. Here's what you REALLY need to know, straight from the trenches… my very tired, slightly jet-lagged trenches…

1. Is the APA Hotel Asakusa really *that* small? Like, REALLY?

Tiny. Miniature. Let me put it this way: I could touch both walls of my room simultaneously if I wanted to. (I didn't, because... awkward.) But here’s the thing – it’s brilliantly designed! The bed? Perfectly comfortable. The bathroom? Surprisingly functional. They've mastered the art of making a space feel bigger than it actually is. Seriously, I’m pretty sure they could fit a whole apartment into a phone booth with their spatial wizardry. Just don't expect to do cartwheels. Unless you *really* want to test your flexibility.

2. What's with the crazy TV situation? And the news?

Oh. My. God. The TV. It's like a portal. First thing I noticed: the *endless* hotel-specific news channel. It's a non-stop stream of APA Hotel CEO information. I'm talking…everything. His hobbies, his philosophy, his… I swear, I saw a montage of him petting a dog. For like, five minutes. I'm not sure if it's genius marketing, or a full-blown cult of personality. I became strangely invested in the CEO's well-being. Should I be worried? Maybe. But hey, it's free entertainment, right? (I think… I'm still not sure.) Eventually I learned to mute the TV. But, let me tell you, it's hard to switch channels when you're still recovering from the CEO dog video.

3. Is the location good? Because Asakusa seems… touristy.

Okay, yes, it's touristy. But! It's also GREAT! The Senso-ji Temple is literally a stone's throw away, and it's stunning. (Just brace yourself for the crowds.) The hotel's right on the edge of all the action, so you can easily explore the shops, eat some delicious street food, and soak up that classic Tokyo vibe. Plus, the subway is super convenient, getting you everywhere else you need to go. It’s a perfect basecamp for exploring. Don't be afraid of the tourists. Embrace the chaos!

4. The bathroom! What’s the deal with those tiny bathrooms?!

Alright, the bathroom. It's a fully-encapsulated, space-age marvel. Everything you need: toilet (heated seat, of course!), shower, sink, all crammed into a single pre-fab unit. Now, at first, I was a little claustrophobic. I'm not going to lie. It’s like showering in a spaceship. But then you realize: it WORKS. Everything is efficient, the water pressure is surprisingly strong, and the little soaps and shampoos smell divine. AND (this is huge), they provide the most amazing, fluffy white towels. The best towels I’ve ever used, I swear. It makes up for the…coziness. Seriously, I almost stole a towel. (Almost.)

5. Is there a restaurant in the APA Hotel?

Yup. There's an APA restaurant. I had breakfast there. It was...sufficient. Think a typical Japanese hotel breakfast buffet kind of deal: a mix of Western and Japanese options. The miso soup was decent. The coffee, not so much. It was okay. Nothing to write home about, but it fills the hole in your stomach before you hit the streets of Asakusa. It is a lifesaver in the morning though.

6. Any major downsides?

Honestly? A few things. The rooms are *very* small, as mentioned (like, seriously, don't bring a lot of luggage). The walls aren't the thickest, so you might hear your neighbors. And…that TV situation can be overwhelming at first. I really came to embrace it though. Also, be prepared to figure out the climate control – those things are a mystery sometimes! Also, the noise from the street below can be noticeable, especially if you're a light sleeper. Pack earplugs. Do it. Just… do it. Oh, and for goodness sake, the internet is super fast. I loved it.

7. Would you stay there again? Seriously?

Absolutely. Without a doubt. Look, it's not a luxury hotel. But it's clean, efficient, well-located, and, dare I say, kinda charming in its own quirky way. I found myself strangely endeared to the APA brand. Yes, the rooms are small. Yes, the TV is… intense. But the location is perfect, the staff is friendly, and honestly, the whole experience is unforgettable. Plus, the price is right. If you're looking for a convenient, affordable, and *memorable* place to stay in Tokyo, then the Asakusa APA Hotel is definitely worth checking out. Just… mentally prepare yourself for the CEO's dog. You've been warned!

8. What's the BEST thing about the APA Hotel in Asakusa? Spill!

Okay, the BEST thing... besides those towels, which I will never stop raving about?...It's the sense of discovery! Every time I'd turn a corner, I'd find something new. A vending machine with crazy snacks. A hidden coffee nook. It's like a puzzle box disguised as a hotel. It's an experience. It's *different*. You won't forget it. And honestly, after a long day pounding the pavement in Tokyo, that little box of a room felt like a safe little haven. Even with the CEO's smiling face staring at me. And, lets be honest, it was cheap! Bonus!

9. Any tips for surviving the APA Hotel experience?

* **Pack light:** You *will* thank me. * **EmbraceHotels Near Your

APA Hotel Asakusa Shin Okachimachi Ekimae Tokyo Japan

APA Hotel Asakusa Shin Okachimachi Ekimae Tokyo Japan

APA Hotel Asakusa Shin Okachimachi Ekimae Tokyo Japan

APA Hotel Asakusa Shin Okachimachi Ekimae Tokyo Japan

Post a Comment for "Tokyo's BEST Hotel? Asakusa APA Hotel Review! (Mind Blown!)"