Luxury Camaya Tanglin Apartment: Surabaya's Best Kept Secret?

Camaya @Tanglin Apartment Surabaya Indonesia

Camaya @Tanglin Apartment Surabaya Indonesia

Luxury Camaya Tanglin Apartment: Surabaya's Best Kept Secret?

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the supposed "best-kept secret" that is Luxury Camaya Tanglin Apartment in Surabaya. And honestly? I'm already a little skeptical. "Best kept secret" usually means one of two things: either it's truly amazing and the masses haven't discovered it (unlikely), or it's a polite way of saying "kinda pricey and a little underwhelming." Let's find out, shall we?

First, let's get the logistical stuff outta the way. Because, you know, accessibility. Essential.

Accessibility:

  • Wheelchair Accessible: (Vague. Need specifics. Are the common areas genuinely accessible? Are the apartments themselves easy to navigate? Ramp? Elevators wide enough?) We'll have to double-check this, cuz frankly, a "wheelchair accessible" mention without specifics doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Need to see the actual steps.
  • Facilities for Disabled Guests: This is a slightly encouraging sign. Again, specifics are KEY. Grab bars? Lowered counters? We need the deets, Tanglin!
  • Elevator: Good. Essential. But still, a basic requirement, right?

Getting Around (Ugh, logistics):

  • Airport Transfer: Nice. Saves the hassle of haggling with a taxi after a long flight. But is it a good airport transfer? Reliable? On time? Always got a story about those.
  • Car Park [Free of Charge], Car Park [On-site], Valet parking, Car power charging station, Bicycle parking: Okay, they've got parking options covered. That's a definite plus, assuming you're driving around Surabaya. But the real question is - are the parking spots actually big enough? My car's a bit of a beast…

Internet and Tech Stuff:

  • Wi-Fi [free] (in all rooms!), Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas, Wi-Fi for special events: Alright, internet redundancy. Always a good thing, particularly if you're, uh, working. Or just streaming. Because let's be real, that's what it's mostly for.
  • Audio-visual equipment for special events, Projector/LED display: Sounds legit for business meetings or… maybe movie nights? (Amateur night at Tanglin?).

Cleanliness and Safety (This is a big one, especially right now):

  • Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hygiene certification: Okay, GOOD. This is important. Gives you a little peace of mind.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer: Standard, but necessary.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays, Room sanitization opt-out available, Professional-grade sanitizing services: Excellent. Sounds like they’re taking things seriously. Room sanitization opt-out is a nice touch.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Hope they’re actually following it!
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Fingers crossed they maintain this! It's easy to slip.

Okay, now for the GOOD stuff. The stuff that actually makes a hotel a hotel. The stuff I care about (I use the term loosely).

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking:

  • Restaurants, Poolside bar, Coffee shop, Snack bar, Bar: Alright, options! Variety is the spice of life, as they say. Though “snack bar” could be anything from a bag of chips to a gourmet experience. Hope it's not too greasy.
  • 24-hour Room service: Crucial. Late-night cravings are real, people. And sometimes you just don't want to put pants on.
  • Breakfast [buffet], Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Breakfast takeaway service, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant: Sounds like they've got the all-inclusive breakfast menu squared away. Always a good start to the day.
  • Bottle of water I hope it's not that awful tap water (Sorry, Surabaya!)
  • Happy hour Now we're talking. Happy hour is essential

Things to Do (Keeping Busy, or Chilling Out?)

  • Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view: I'm a pool person. Absolutely NEED a good pool. Hoping for some Instagrammable vibes here.
  • Gym/fitness, Fitness center: Gotta offset all those cocktails and buffet breakfasts, right?
  • Spa, Spa/sauna, Sauna, Steamroom, Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage: SPA! Ah, my weakness. The possibility of a good massage could be enough to sell me. Thinking about it now…
  • For the Kids & Family/child friendly, Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids meal, Kids facilities: Welcoming for family. Good to know if you've got the little ones in tow.

Services and Conveniences (The Little Touches):

  • Concierge, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Laundry service, Ironing service, Luggage storage, Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange, Convenience store, Gift/souvenir shop, Safety deposit boxes: All the basics are covered. Good to have, but not necessarily mind-blowing.
  • Business facilities, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, Seminars: For the corporate crowd. I'll stick to the pool, thanks.
  • Contactless check-in/out, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private]: Modern convenience. Less waiting around is always a plus.

The Apartment Itself (The Make Or Break):

  • Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Air conditioning in public area, Alarm clock, Additional toilet, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: Okay, this is a LOT. Sounds well-equipped, to say the least. Everything is covered. Bathrobes, slippers, and a coffee maker are always appreciated. But are the beds comfy? That's the real question! I MUST have a comfortable bed.
  • Couple's room, Room decorations, Soundproof rooms: Sounds romantic? Or just trying to cover up some hotel noises?

So, Does Luxury Camaya Tanglin Apartment Live Up To The Hype?

Honestly, the jury's still out. The laundry list of amenities is impressive, sure. But "best-kept secret" suggests an intimate, unique experience. So what's the vibe? Is it a soulless, corporate machine, or something with actual character?

I need to KNOW about the people. Are the staff friendly? Do they go the extra mile? Is there something special about the place, something that makes you want to return? Does it smell nice? (That matters.)

Here's what I'm missing from this description:

  • A Soul. What is the story of the hotel? The history? ANY history?
  • Personality. Is it quiet and serene? Bustling and lively? What kind of space is it?
  • Reviews! What do other guests say? Google reviews? Tripadvisor? This needs more real feedback!
  • Local Flavor. Does it feel like Surabaya? Or could it be anywhere in the world?

My Verdict So Far:

It sounds good. Potentially really good. But until I get some real-life experience from other people, I'm holding off calling it a "best-kept secret."

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for: The Unashamedly Biased Offer! (With a desperate attempt at SEO):

Escape to Luxury at Camaya Tanglin Apartment in Surabaya for Your Ultimate Getaway!

Are you searching for the perfect Surabaya hotel for your next vacation or business trip? LOOK NO FURTHER! Luxury Camaya Tanglin Apartment offers an unparalleled experience, combining top-notch amenities with the vibrant spirit of Surabaya. Experience the "best-kept secret" and discover the pinnacle of hotel stays!

Imagine This:

  • Wake up refreshed in a room with all the facilities and amenities you could want, from a plush bed and blackout curtains (YES!) to high-speed Wi-Fi (free!).
  • Wander down to the outdoor pool, get a fresh towel, and watch
Bangkok's BEST BBQ: Smokehouse Secrets Revealed!

Book Now

Camaya @Tanglin Apartment Surabaya Indonesia

Camaya @Tanglin Apartment Surabaya Indonesia

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned travel itinerary. This is… me trying to wrangle a trip to Camaya @Tanglin Apartment in Surabaya, Indonesia, and failing gloriously, probably. Prepare for a rollercoaster of opinions, emotional meltdowns, and the crushing weight of expectation versus reality.

Subject: Operation: Surabaya (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Krupuk)

Day 1: Arrival / The Concrete Jungle Blues / Fear and Loathing in the Lobby

  • 6:00 AM: Okay, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, or at least… semi-conscious. Bali flight delayed, sigh. Coffee, pray for wifi to stream my favorite Indonesian YouTube channel/lifestyle vlog, let's call it "Cinta Hidup."
  • 11:00 AM (ish): FINALLY. Arrived at Juanda International Airport. Smelling the familiar humid embrace of Java. Immediately, a cab driver tries to rip me off. Negotiation skills… rusty. Ended up paying too much, I swear.
  • 12:00 PM: Rolling into the godforsaken… beautiful city of Surabaya. Seriously, this place is a feast for the eyes, and the ears. Traffic is a symphony of horns blaring. First impression: sheer, glorious chaos. Found Camaya @Tanglin Apartment. The lobby… a little sterile. Like a doctor’s waiting room, but with slightly better air conditioning.
  • 12:30 PM: Check-in. The receptionist, bless her soul, looked utterly bamboozled when I failed to remember which passport I'd need. Took about all her strength to keep a straight face.
  • 1:00 PM: Apartment exploration. The unit… not quite the sleek, minimalist paradise promised in the brochure. More like lived-in chic. The "balcony view"… a brick wall. Okay, deep breaths. I’m here to experience Surabaya, not judge its interior design choices… much.
  • 1:30 PM: Lunch. Found a warung (small local restaurant) nearby. Ordered Nasi Goreng, obviously. It was AMAZING. Seriously, the best Nasi Goreng I’ve ever tasted. Maybe it's because I was starving but the flavors just exploded in my mouth.
  • 2:30 PM: Naptime. Mandatory after the flight/heat/Nasi Goreng combo. This is when I realized the air conditioning was… aggressive. Actually, let's call it Antarctica-level.
  • 5:00 PM: Attempted foray into Surabaya’s nightlife. Walked through the streets, finding myself immediately overwhelmed. The sheer sensory overload. The smells! A combination of delicious street food and exhaust fumes. Decided to retreat to the apartment and watch some Indonesian TV. The subtitles were… well, let's just say they were interpretive.

Day 2: Culture Shock and Krupuk Addiction / The Perils of the Street Food

  • 8:00 AM: Woke up, feeling surprisingly rested despite the Arctic-like conditions in my room. Started day two with a cup of instant coffee (regretful).
  • 9:00 AM: Decided to tackle the iconic House of Sampoerna. A historical cigarette factory. The architecture is stunning. A beautiful, colonial-era building, I was impressed. But… the smoking. Everywhere. Even though I don’t smoke.
  • 11:00 AM: Wandered through the old town. Feeling a little lost. And slightly panicky. The language barrier is real. Tried to buy some local food and the vendor looked like I was speaking alien.
  • 12:00 PM: Food Market exploration. Oh. My. God. Food, food, everywhere. So many options. So many fried things. And I must try everything. Started with sate ayam (chicken satay). Deliciously smoky. Then, someone recommended krupuk udang (shrimp crackers). The first bite? A revelation. Crunchy, salty, addictive. I ate an entire bag. My stomach may or may not be protesting, but I don’t care. Krupuk is the only friend I need right now.
  • 2:00 PM: The monument of heroics to honour the Battle of Surabaya. Felt very moved. I had no idea, until the last few hours, the significance of this famous battle.
  • 3:00 PM: Back to the apartment. That air conditioning again.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. Attempted to find a restaurant that served "authentic" Surabaya cuisine. Found one that looked promising. Ordered something… interesting. Let's just say I developed a newfound respect for my Western palette. I may or may not have eaten instant noodles later.

Day 3: The Quest for Relaxation (and a Decent Coffee) / Goodbye, Surabaya!

  • 9:00 AM: Decided to be productive. Tried to find a decent coffee shop. Mission: Success! Found a little cafe with a real espresso machine. Celebrated with a double shot. Felt like a new person.
  • 10:00 AM: Visited the Surabaya Zoo, I can’t say it was the happiest experience. The zoo, despite the efforts of local volunteers and staff, seemed a little… rundown, It was hard looking at the animals cooped up, and this definitely tainted my day.
  • 12:00 PM: Visited the Red Bridge (Jembatan Merah). A reminder of the sacrifice made in the Battle of Surabaya, and a good place to sit and watch the world go by.
  • 2:00 PM: Began the long goodbye to Surabaya.
  • 3:00 PM: Final Krupuk run. Just in case I get withdrawal symptoms.
  • 4:00 PM: Return to the apartment.
  • 5:00 PM: Packing, writing this itinerary, and already planning my return.
  • 6:00 PM: Last meal in Surabaya (Nasi Goreng, of course). More Krupuk.
  • 7:00 PM: Headed to the airport. Goodbye Surabaya! You crazy, messy, wonderful place. I came, I saw, and I ate an embarrassing amount of Krupuk. And you know what? I wouldn’t change a thing.
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Stella D'Italia, Viareggio Awaits!

Book Now

Camaya @Tanglin Apartment Surabaya Indonesia

Camaya @Tanglin Apartment Surabaya Indonesia

Luxury Camaya Tanglin Apartment: Surabaya's Best Kept Secret? (Let's be Real!)

Okay, so "Luxury Camaya Tanglin"... Is it actually *luxury* luxury? I've been burned before...

Oh honey, I hear you. "Luxury" these days is thrown around like confetti at a bad wedding. Let's just say, it's *Surabaya* luxury. Coming from, say, Singapore or London? You might raise an eyebrow. But for Surabaya? Girl, it's pretty darn fancy. Think sleek lines, a decent pool (not Olympic-sized, but hey, it's refreshing!), and not a cockroach in sight (mostly). The lobby? Impressive. Like, "I-could-totally-see-myself-holding-a-business-meeting-here" impressive. The marble... oh the glorious marble. I actually saw a kid try to slide down it once. (He didn't get far.)

**Anecdote Alert:** I had a slight wardrobe malfunction (totally ripped my favourite dress) while attending a launch party. Mortifying! But the staff were *amazing* - offered me a needle and thread and a calming glass of ginger ale. See? Luxury, but with a side of "we got you, girl."

What's the view like? Because let's be honest, Surabaya isn't exactly known for breathtaking vistas...

Okay, let's be brutally honest: Surabaya isn't Switzerland. The view... it depends. Some apartments face the city, which is... well, it's a city. Lots of buildings. Lots of traffic. At night, the lights are kind of pretty, though. Some face the sea... which is nice, when the smog clears. I'm not going to lie, on a particularly hazy day, it looks like you're staring into a giant, beige soup. But you know, sometimes, that's just Surabaya!

**Quirky Observation:** I swear I've seen more construction cranes in Surabaya than anywhere else on earth. You'll get used to the constant clang and whir. It's the soundtrack to progress, apparently, which also means sometimes it's the soundtrack of my morning headache.

The "best kept secret" thing... is it really that secret? Or is the secret just that it’s a bit overpriced?

"Best kept secret"... yeah, the marketing team might have gone a *tiny* bit overboard with that. Let's just say, Camaya Tanglin is *known*. Especially among a certain crowd. Are we talking A-list celebrities? No. Are we talking the kind of people who own a lot of batik and drive fancy cars? Yup. It's not *overpriced* necessarily, but it's definitely... an investment. You're paying for the location, the security, the amenities, and the (relatively) quiet life. Compared to some of the other options in Surabaya? It stacks up. But don't go expecting a steal.

**Emotional Reaction**: Honestly, it's frustrating sometimes. I'd love to live there long term, but the price point makes me weep a little inside. I’m saving up, though! I deserve that life. I *need* that life.

What about the facilities? Pool, gym, that kind of stuff? Spill the tea!

Alright, alright, let's get to the good stuff! The pool is... fine. Seriously. It's a pool. Not big, not small. Cleanish. The gym is decent. They have the standard treadmills, some weights... you can work up a sweat, get your endorphins going. There's also a little kids' play area, which, you know, depending on *your* relationship with kids... can be a blessing or a curse.

**Messier Structure/Rambling:** Okay, here's a confession: I love the jacuzzi. It's usually empty and it's the perfect place to hide from my problems. I've spent hours there, just staring at the ceiling, thinking... about life, about work, about whether I should order another pizza. Sometimes the water's a bit cold, sometimes it's too hot, but it's *mine*. (Until someone else shows up, then it's not.) I also saw a woman in the jacuzzi once with a full face mask *and* a snorkel. That’s when you know the luxury is worth it.

How's the service? Because bad service can ruin the whole experience...

The service? It's generally good. The staff are friendly, helpful, and try their best. I've had a few minor hiccups here and there. Once, my air conditioner broke at 3 AM. The tech came up eventually, but it took a while and I was roasting. (Thank God for the jacuzzi, by the way, it was the perfect temperature after that). But in general, they're pretty on the ball. They remember your name, they're happy to help with anything, and they're genuinely nice. They really seem to care.

Okay, let's talk about the *real* deal breakers. Security? Noise? Is it a peaceful haven or a chaotic mess?

Security is top-notch. 24/7 guards, cameras everywhere, the works. You feel safe. And the noise... it's surprisingly quiet. Given its location, that's a huge win. You get the *occasional* party on the weekends (and you'll hear the music, let's be real), and the inevitable car horns, but overall, it's pretty peaceful.

**Stronger Emotional Reaction**: Okay, I'm going to be brutally honest. One week I was trying to get my work done. This kid had a full-on drum set and was playing every afternoon. I almost lost my mind. I had to go down to the reception and actually *plead* with them to do something. They did. It was a win for me and the world. The sound of the silence was divine.

The apartments themselves - are they well-designed? Modern? Dated? Give me the interior design scoop!

The apartments... are generally well-designed. Modernish. They're not *cutting-edge* modern, but they're definitely not stuck in the 90s. Clean lines, neutral colours, the usual suspects. The kitchens are pretty nice, with decent appliances (important!). The bathrooms? Good water pressure, always a plus! They're not *huge*, but they're functional. It's livable. Some units have balconies, which is a bonus. I personally wouldn't live in a place without a balcony.

Location, Location, Location! What's the neighborhood vibe? Easy access to thingsLow Price Hotel Blog

Camaya @Tanglin Apartment Surabaya Indonesia

Camaya @Tanglin Apartment Surabaya Indonesia

Camaya @Tanglin Apartment Surabaya Indonesia

Camaya @Tanglin Apartment Surabaya Indonesia

Post a Comment for "Luxury Camaya Tanglin Apartment: Surabaya's Best Kept Secret?"