
Escape to Normandy's Charm: Villa Lara Hotel Awaits!
Escape to Normandy's Charm: Villa Lara Hotel Awaits! A Review That's Honestly Chaotic (But Hopefully Helpful!)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Villa Lara Hotel in Normandy! This isn't your sterile, brochure-perfect review. This is the real deal, with all the bumps, bruises, and bewildered musings of a genuine stay. Prepare yourselves, because we're going to get personal.
First things first: Accessibility. Now, I'm not personally in a wheelchair, but I am perpetually clumsy and value places that don't require me to take on the agility of a ninja. Villa Lara seems pretty good on this front. They say they have facilities for disabled guests and an elevator. That's a good start! Honestly, I wish I had a definitive answer about the ramps and whatnot, but I'd assume from the other things they offer that they've put thought into it. Don't take my word for it – DEFINITELY call ahead if you have specific needs. It's ALWAYS better to ask!
Okay, let's talk about the good stuff. Internet. Bless their hearts, they've got Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And it's decent. I mean, I managed to binge-watch a whole season of something utterly ridiculous in between bouts of admiring the view, so it can't be THAT bad. They also have Internet [LAN] – for the old-schoolers! (Me. I'm one of the old-schoolers.) And they seemed to have Internet services, if you really need to do some serious online work.
Now, the Things to do/Ways to Relax section… Oh, boy. This is where things get interesting.
Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view, Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage, Spa. They've got the whole shebang! I mean, the Pool with view is spectacular. Like, seriously Instagrammable. I spent a solid afternoon drifting in that pool, pretending I was a glamorous movie star. (I probably looked more like a slightly waterlogged potato, but the feeling was there!)
Fitness center, Gym/fitness: They’ve got a gym, which is good. And by 'being good', I mean I didn't actually go. I was too busy enjoying the rest of the amenities!
Foot bath: I'm intrigued. I didn't see the foot bath, but I am now determined to go back and seek it out.
Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom: Yes! YES! Give me all the steam, all the heat, all the relaxation!
Cleanliness and safety: Okay, this is HUGE right now, and Villa Lara really does seem to take it seriously with Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification. They've got all the hallmarks of a place trying to keep its guests safe during these stressful times. Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit. That’s a bonus. I appreciate a place that is prepared.
Dining, drinking, and snacking: Okay, this is where my inner glutton took over.
Restaurants, A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant.
Oh, the Breakfast [buffet]! A glorious, carb-loaded symphony of croissants, cheeses, and – oh God – the fruit. Seriously, the fruit was out of this world. I may or may not have eaten my weight in strawberries. (Don't judge me!) I loved the Coffee/tea in restaurant. And 24-hour room service? Genius.
Poolside bar: Excellent for pretending you’re fancy while sipping a cocktail.
Happy hour: Always a win.
Asian cuisine in restaurant: They had some AMAZING spring rolls. Seriously.
Services and conveniences: This is where Villa Lara really shines.
Concierge: They’re helpful. I asked about local cheese shops, and they gave me the PERFECT recommendation that has me still dreaming of the brie i ate.
Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange: Helpful, if you need it. I mostly just wanted to spend money on croissants, though, let's be honest.
Air conditioning in public area: Crucial in the summer.
Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service: Okay, so I MAY have left an entire suitcase of crumpled clothes. The housekeeping, laundry, and ironing service are a lifesaver! I never have to worry about it!
Meeting/banquet facilities: If you’re the kind of weirdo who goes to meetings while on vacation, knock yourself out.
Elevator: Yes! Needed!
Luggage storage: Super convenient.
Gift/souvenir shop: Great for grabbing something to take home (or forgetting until the last minute).
Food delivery: Awesome if you don’t want to leave your room.
Safety deposit boxes, Safe dining setup: Important!
Business facilities, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Indoor venue for special events, Outdoor venue for special events, Meetings, Seminars, Terrace, Shrine: For serious events.
Air conditioning in public area: Necessary.
Cash withdrawal, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Daily housekeeping, Doorman: Very easy.
For the kids:
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: I didn't have any kids with me, but from the looks of the place, it would be fine for kids.
Access:
- CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private]. Check-in was smooth, and they have good security.
Available in all rooms:
- Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. The rooms are luxuriously equipped.
Getting around:
- Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking. Parking is easy, and so is getting around.
The Quirks and Imperfections (Because Nothing’s Perfect)
No hotel is perfect, and Villa Lara is no exception. The Wi-Fi, while reliable, did occasionally hiccup. And the bathroom might not be big enough to host a dance party. Also, the "soundproofing" may depend on who's staying nearby (there may have been a snoring incident…).
The Emotional Verdict:
I LOVED IT. Seriously. I left feeling relaxed, well-fed, and slightly ashamed of how much brie I ate. Villa Lara is a wonderful base for exploring Normandy. It’s charming, comfortable, and has just the right amount of "fancy" without being stuffy. Yes, there are some minor imperfections, but those are easily overlooked when you're sitting by that amazing pool with a cocktail in hand.
Final Verdict: Highly Recommended!
NOW, THE CHAOTIC, COMPLETELY UNPROMPT OFFER:
Escape to Normandy's Charm: Villa Lara Hotel Awaits!
Tired of the same old grind? Craving a getaway that feels like a dream? Then ditch the dull and book your escape to the Villa Lara Hotel in Normandy NOW!
Here's why you NEED this escape (and some honest truths):
- Unwind in Style (with a Side of Scandal): Imagine yourself lounging poolside (picture: a pool with a VIEW!), cocktail in hand, the scent of the sea air mixing with the aroma of freshly baked croissants from the legendary buffet. And yes, the croissants are that good. Prepare to get addicted.
- **Where Pampering

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, perfectly-planned travel brochure. This is me, spilling my guts (and probably some croissant crumbs) about my stay at the Villa Lara Hotel in Bayeux, France. Prepare for a wild ride.
Villa Lara Hotel: Operation Bayeux Blitzkrieg (and Maybe a Nap)
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Cathedral Catastrophe
14:00: Arrive in Bayeux! After a train ride that felt longer than the Hundred Years' War (and involved a rogue baguette that almost escaped my grasp), finally, the promised land. Check-in at Villa Lara. And, wow. Just…wow. The lobby is all plush velvet and chandeliers that look like they could fund a small country. I immediately feel underdressed, like I wandered into a royal wedding in my pajamas (which, let's be honest, is probably how I feel most of the time).
14:30: Pro-tip: ask for a room not directly above the street. My first room was lovely, don't get me wrong. But all the beautiful sounds of a european city is amplified in your eardrums when your room is right above and the window insulation is less than optimal. My bad.
15:00: The Bayeux Tapestry! Oh my god. So, I thought I knew a little bit about the Norman conquest, but seeing it in person…it's mind-blowing. The detail! The colours! The sheer audacity of embroidering an entire war onto a giant piece of linen! I spent a good hour just staring, completely absorbed. Totally worth the queue, which was surprisingly short.
16:30: Cathedral of Bayeux. Okay, here's where things get…messy. Let me paint you a picture: I'm admiring the stained glass, thinking how much the architecture would make me feel so small, when BAM. A rogue gust of wind (or possibly a mischievous angel) slams the gigantic wooden door shut. I'm trapped. Alone. In a cathedral. Surrounded by the silent, disapproving stares of saints. Panic. Full-blown, heart-pounding, "I'm-going-to-die-in-Bayeux-and-no-one-will-ever-know" panic. Eventually, with a lot of heaving and muttering, I managed to pry it open. I fled, mortified. The cathedral won that round.
17:30: Needed a stiff drink (or three). Head to a cute little cafe off the main square, order a glass of wine, and try to stop hyperventilating. People are watching. I swear.
19:00: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. The food was amazing. Seriously, the chef is a sorcerer. I ordered the duck confit, and I swear, it was so good, I almost forgot about the cathedral door incident. Almost.
21:00: Into room. Lights off. Sleep.
Day 2: Normandy Beach Day & Croissant Carnage
08:00: Wake up (thankfully, not in a cathedral). The promise of the morning croissants from Hotel Villa Lara had me awake at once. Oh my god. Amazing.
09:00: Guided tour to the Normandy beaches. I love history, but this was hard. Seeing the beaches, the memorials…it's incredibly moving, and devastating. It's a stark reminder of the sacrifices made. I'm trying to process it all, but my brain feels like it's been through a historical blender. I can't help wanting to touch everything.
12:00: Lunch in Arromanches. Fresh seafood, looking over the ocean. This is what I needed. Fresh oysters, a cold glass of wine, and the vastness of the sea.
14:00: Back to Bayeux. Shopping! I wanted to buy so much and I really felt that I did not.
16:00: Back to Hotel Villa Lara for a spa day! I booked a massage. It was heaven. My shoulders have been in knots ever since the great cathedral door incident.
18:00: Dinner somewhere random. I found a restaurant. It was good but not incredible. I can't quite remember, to be honest. That Bayeux wine…it's a sneaky one.
20:00: Bed.
Day 3: Tapestry & Goodbye
09:00: After the last two days, I wanted to revisit the tapestry. It was beautiful the first time. It was more beautiful the second. I was a new person.
10:30: Shopping. I managed to find some cute scarves and a beret.
12:00: It was time. I was sad to leave, Bayeux was a dream and Hotel Villa Lara made it better. I'll come back.
Overall:
Villa Lara Hotel is a dream. The staff is polite, the location is perfect, and the food is heavenly. And even though I got stuck in a cathedral. I recommend this place!
Col Delle Rane: Italy's Hidden Gem You NEED to See!
Escape to Normandy's Charm: Villa Lara Hotel Awaits! (Or Does It...?) FAQ
Okay, so, Villa Lara...is it *actually* charming, or is that just marketing BS?
What's the food like? Because French food...pressure!
Is it kid-friendly? My offspring are miniature terrors.
What about the location? Easy to get around? Nearby things to do?
I'm a spa person. Is the spa any good?
Did you encounter any truly awful moments? Let me know...
Overall, would you recommend the Villa Lara? Should *I* go?


Post a Comment for "Escape to Normandy's Charm: Villa Lara Hotel Awaits!"