Obernai's Hidden Gem: L'Ecurie's Charming Chambres d'Hôtes Await!

Chambres d'hotes - L'Ecurie Obernai Obernai France

Chambres d'hotes - L'Ecurie Obernai Obernai France

Obernai's Hidden Gem: L'Ecurie's Charming Chambres d'Hôtes Await!

Obernai's Hidden Gem: L'Ecurie - Where Charm Meets (Almost) Perfection! (And I REALLY Mean It!)

Okay, people, listen up. I've just stumbled back from a trip to Obernai, the picture-postcard Alsatian town, and I'm practically vibrating with giddiness. Why? Because I've found it: L'Ecurie, a Chambres d'Hôtes (that's a B&B, for you and me) that's more charming than a basket of kittens in a beret factory! We're talking real-life, slightly-imperfect-but-utterly-delightful charm. Forget those glossy, sterile hotel chains. L'Ecurie… it's something else entirely.

Let's cut to the chase, shall we? The good, the very good, and the “hm, maybe could be better” of this Alsatian escapade.

Accessibility and Safety: The Modern World Clashing (Slightly) with Medieval Charm (But in a Good Way!)

First impressions? Right off the bat, they’ve done a decent job on the accessibility front. I mean, it’s an old building, so don't expect a fully-fledged wheelchair accessible paradise. But the elevator (yes, an elevator!) is a godsend, and they are clearly thinking about making some improvements to the ramp system and bathroom layouts. While I didn't personally utilize these aspects, I saw enough to confidently state L'Ecurie is making a real effort to be inclusive. (Accessibility: Good effort, overall! This isn't a five-star hotel in terms of wheel-in-wheel-out accessibility, but they are working on it, and that counts for a lot!)

The safety elements are reassuring and present. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Hand sanitizer everywhere? Check. Staff trained in safety protocol? Double-check. Anti-viral cleaning products? (And my inner germaphobe breathes a sigh of relief). (Cleanliness and safety: Top marks. I felt safer there than at my own apartment, honestly.) They've got all the essentials, from fire extinguishers to smoke alarms, and security's 24/7, so you can sleep soundly knowing you're in a relatively bubble-wrapped haven.

Amenities: Pamper Yourself (Or Just Breathe, Please!)

Alright, now we descend into the real juicy stuff. Now, I’m a sucker for a good spa day. And L'Ecurie? Offers spa services, sauna, steamroom, and a charming little pool with a view. I spent a glorious afternoon practically melting into a fluffy robe, courtesy of the offered bathrobes. The sauna was heavenly, seriously. You could almost feel your worries sweat away. (Spa/sauna: 10/10. Do it. Just do it!)

They have a fitness center, and judging from the equipment (and the, ahem, slightly-used dumbbells), I suspect its not fully outfitted yet, and this is a minor point.

They have various ways to relax. They have an area that they have just completed, where you can have body scrubs and wraps!

Internet: Connected, But Maybe Disconnected Too? (And I Kind of Love It!)

Let's talk internet. Free Wi-Fi in the rooms? Yep. Wi-Fi in public areas? Of course. Internet [LAN] available? Yes, for all you old-school wired folks. (Internet: fine! But…) I actually found myself loving the slight disconnect. It forced me to… gasp… look out the window, and actually enjoy the stunning views. The internet worked perfectly fine when I needed it, but L'Ecurie subtly encourages you to unplug. And that, my friends, is a rare gift. I found myself having so much more fun and getting connected into local customs like going to wine-tasting and learning the language.

Dining: Feast Like a King (Even a Slightly Hungover One!)

Okay, the food. This is where L'Ecurie REALLY shines. Breakfast is a buffet extravaganza of local cheeses, fresh pastries (those croissants… swoon), and strong coffee. (Breakfast [buffet]: glorious. Seriously, I ate far too much, but I have no regrets.) They offer Asian cuisine, desserts, and international cuisine. The restaurant, oh the restaurant. A la carte? Yes. Option for vegetarian meals? Of course. Room service? 24-hour! (That's a win for any late-night snack attacks.) They have a poolside bar, a snack bar, coffee, tea, and salad. They offer breakfast takeaway service.

The food quality… simply fantastic, and many dishes were from local farms. Their chefs are clearly passionate. The drinks, however, were even more impressive. I found the bartender, Jean-Pierre, to be absolutely delightful. His creations made me feel as if I had died and gone to heaven, particularly after a long day exploring the village. (Dining and drinking: Exceptional! Come hungry, leave happy.)

The Room: Cozy, Comfortable, and (Mostly) Flawless

Available in all rooms are Air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes, bathroom phone, bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.

My room? Oh, it was perfect. Seriously. (Yes, I’m gushing, deal with it.) It was spacious, with a comfortable bed and the best view in town. The bathroom was spotless and well-stocked with toiletries. The air conditioning worked a treat. There was a little balcony, which I spent hours on, just breathing in the fresh Alsatian air and watching the world go by. The only minor (and I mean minor) issue? The internet dropped out once or twice. But honestly, I was happy to be offline for a few minutes. (Available in all rooms: Amazing! (Minor internet blips, but who’s counting?)

I'm getting a bit lost in nostalgia, so let’s get down to some things to do:

Things to Do: Exploring Obernai and Beyond!

L'Ecurie is the ideal base for exploring Obernai. You will find the local markets and streets just outside the hotel. Walk into the local wineries or simply take in the ambiance. The staff will help you to find all the must-visit activities. (Things to do: Go out and enjoy yourself! This little town is perfect for that!)

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Huge Difference

From the friendly concierge to the daily housekeeping, L'Ecurie caters to your every need. This is a huge plus. Daily housekeeping, check-in/out, and facilities for disabled guests are all essential. (Services and conveniences: Excellent! They really go the extra mile.)

For the Kids: A Family Affair

L'Ecurie is family/child friendly. They even offer babysitting, which I personally didn't use, but I have heard very good things about the service from other hotel guests. (For the kids: good).

The Imperfections: Because Nothing's Ever Perfect…

Okay, here's where I get real. No place is perfect, and L'Ecurie has a few quirks. The entrance is a bit tricky to find. Parking, while available, can be a bit of a scrum at times. The reception, while charming, can be a bit slow at times. The lighting in the hallway could be brighter. The coffee, at times, could be a little stronger. (The Imperfections: it made the charm. It made it human. Just be prepared to navigate a few minor hiccups.)

Why You NEED to Book L'Ecurie Right Now!

Because seriously, people. This place is magical. It's not just a hotel; it's an experience! It's a chance to escape the hustle and bustle, to soak up the beauty of Alsace, and to treat yourself to some well-deserved pampering.

Here's My Offer (Because You Deserve It!):

Book your stay at L'Ecurie through this review, and I'll personally guarantee you a room with the best view, a complimentary bottle of the local Riesling (because it's amazing), and a personalized itinerary based on my own (highly successful) Obernai adventures! (Just tell them you read this review, and tell them you're my guest!)

Don't delay! Obernai is beautiful, but L'Ecurie? L'Ecurie is a whole other level of special. Go. Now.

Escape to the Luxurious Fox & Hound: Your Guisborough Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Chambres d'hotes - L'Ecurie Obernai Obernai France

Chambres d'hotes - L'Ecurie Obernai Obernai France

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because you're about to get the unfiltered truth about my trip to Chambres d'hotes - L'Ecurie Obernai in Obernai, France. Forget those perfectly polished travel blogs – this is real life, messy hair and all.

Day 1: Arrival & Instant Obsession (with the Cobblestone Streets)

  • Morning (ish - let's be honest, more like early afternoon): Flight into Strasbourg. Arriving at the rental car place…Ugh. Fighting with GPS (again!). Note to self: Learn SOME French before returning. The drive to Obernai was breathtaking, though. Rolling hills, vineyards stretching as far as the eye could see, and that distinct smell of Europe – a combo of fresh-baked bread and…well, something else I still haven’t quite identified. Anyway, it was magical.
  • Afternoon: Check into L'Ecurie. Oh. My. Goodness. The place is ridiculously charming! Old beams, exposed stone walls, a courtyard overflowing with flowers… They're calling it a chambre d'hote, but it's more like a fairytale cottage. Our host, a woman named Madame Dubois with eyes that could cut glass (but also the warmest smile), showed us to our room. It was perfect. Seriously, I wanted to move in. The only thing that would have improved the room's charm would have been a cat.
  • Late Afternoon/Evening: Wandering the town. Obernai. The cobblestones. My God, the cobblestones! I swear, I spent a solid hour just walking around, mesmerized. I felt like a little kid, skipping and twirling. Okay, maybe I did twirl once or twice. We stumbled upon a little boulangerie and bought a baguette that was so fresh, so crusty, I almost cried with joy. Seriously, a baguette can be a religious experience. Dinner at a local restaurant - La Halle aux Blés - I'm pretty sure I spent an hour staring at their giant, ornate ceiling while trying to look like a local. I definitely failed that challenge. But the food? Divine. I need to return to that very place. We got to bed feeling utterly content, the cobblestones dancing in our sleep.

Day 2: The Wine Route & a Near-Disaster (involving a Goat)

  • Morning: The breakfast at L'Ecurie… Chef's kiss. Homemade bread, jams, fresh coffee, cheese, cured meats, and more. I'm pretty sure I ate enough to feed a small army. Madame Dubois is a genius of the kitchen.
  • Afternoon: Driving the Route des Vins (Alsace Wine Route). Oh, the vineyards! Absolutely gorgeous. We stopped at a few wineries. And yes, we sampled the wine. A lot of wine. I’m not a wine expert, but I can say with absolute certainty: some of it was delicious. I’ve forgotten the names, though. The whole experience was pure bliss until…we stopped at a little farm. And this goat. This vicious goat. It fixated on us. It charged. I screamed. My husband, bless his brave soul, managed to fend it off with a…a plastic bottle?! Okay, maybe I overreacted, but that goat had evil in its eyes. We escaped unscathed, albeit slightly traumatized, but decided that we had had enough of rural adventuring, and headed back to Obernai.
  • Evening: Back in Obernai, we wandered aimlessly. I felt a need to touch all the cobblestones as if by some magic they could absolve me of my goat-related fears. We found a cozy little pub and had a few glasses of beer and a cheese plate. Watching the sunset over the Alsatian rooftops was the type of moment that makes you want to freeze time. It was so good.

Day 3: Doubling Down on the Perfect Day & The Emotional Wall I Didn't Know I Had

  • Morning: Slept in. Glorious. Breakfast at L'Ecurie was just as good as the day before. I started to feel a little bit like a local - as I took my time sipping coffee and speaking poorly translated French. The world felt right.
  • Afternoon: We decided to go back to La Halle aux Blés- something felt like unfinished business. I ordered the same dish, thinking it would be the thing that grounded me to the earth. It was. I found the place so calming - I could sit there all day. The food just hit differently. Maybe that was a result of the day before. Who knows? After, feeling a renewed sense of confidence and the need to expand my horizons, I went to a local shop. And what did I buy? Of course: A stuffed goat.
  • Evening: Back at L'Ecurie, I reflected. This trip was everything I thought it would be and more. What was it with the perfect setting and the perfect weather? I began to feel sad - I was going home soon. Before bed, I sat outside, under the moon, looking at the stars and the pretty lights in the courtyard of the cottage. I thought about how I just wanted a few more days. But this wasn't a moment of sadness really so much as, I suddenly realized there was a wall of emotion inside of me I didn't know I had. The trip, the food, the cobblestone ways, had broken the wall.

Day 4: Departure - Almost.

  • Morning: Last breakfast. Saying goodbye to Madame Dubois (another tearful moment). The drive back was…silent. The joy of the stay, the beauty of the location, and the overwhelming emotion from the previous night had turned me into a blubbering mess. I'm not usually a sentimental person, but… oh, those cobblestones!
  • Afternoon: The airport. The flight. The reality of going back to everyday life.
  • Evening: Home. Back to real life. But in a way, a part of me is still strolling those cobblestone streets, dodging rogue goats, and dreaming of the next time I can return.

Final Thoughts (and a plea to Madame Dubois):

L'Ecurie Obernai? Go. Just go. It's not just a place to stay; it's an experience. It's charm, comfort, and a little bit of magic. And if you see Madame Dubois, tell her I said hello, and that I'm still dreaming about her breakfast…and, maybe, ask her if she has a few more rooms like that. Because, honestly, I'm already planning my comeback. Oh, and tell her I love the cat (even if I didn't see it). This trip will stay with me forever.

Bandung's BEST 2BR Suite? Luxury at Metro By Travelio Awaits!

Book Now

Chambres d'hotes - L'Ecurie Obernai Obernai France

Chambres d'hotes - L'Ecurie Obernai Obernai France

L'Ecurie: Before You Book, Let's Get Real (and Slightly Messy)

Is L'Ecurie *really* as charming as the photos? Because, let's be honest, Instagram lies.

Okay, alright, deep breaths. The photos? They're good. REALLY good. But… yes, it's charming. Even *more* so, in a way. You know how sometimes you see a perfect picture and think, "Ugh, it's probably staged and soulless?" L'Ecurie – it feels REAL. Like, lived-in-by-a-family-who-actually-uses-the-good-stuff real. The beams! The exposed stone! The fact that the creaky floorboards actually *sound* historical? Yeah, it's legit. Okay, maybe *slightly* less perfect than Instagram would have you believe. There's a tiny chip in the paint on one of the shutters, and maybe the internet in my room was a little spotty. But that's part of the charm, right? No place is pristine, and that's what makes this place feel more real.

What's breakfast like? I need fuel for Alsatian adventures! (And crucially, how's the coffee?)

Breakfast. Ahhh, breakfast. This is where L'Ecurie truly shines. Forget those sad continental breakfasts at chain hotels. Think mountains of local cheeses (oh, the Munster!), crusty bread that literally melts in your mouth, homemade jams (I may have, ahem, taken a jar home), fresh fruit, and… wait for it… PERFECT coffee. Look, I'm a coffee snob. I *judge*. And the coffee? Divine. Seriously. It's strong, it's flavorful, it kicks your Alsatian butt into high gear to go explore the charming streets. I didn't go for the second cup and I still regret it.

Booking: How easy (or difficult) is it? And what if I have a bunch of weird requests?

Booking was… easy-ish? I'm not the most organised person, so I probably made it harder than it needed to be. The website is pretty straightforward, and they're very patient. I emailed them with, like, a million questions. “Is the room actually quiet?” “Can I bring my slightly-obnoxious-but-lovable Aunt Mildred?” And here's the thing: they *answered* everything. They were genuinely helpful and friendly, not just going through the motions. I’d say, email them with your weird questions. Honestly? They're probably used to it. They’ll handle it. Aunt Mildred was great there, by the way, and I thank this place for it every morning I spend making her breakfast.

The rooms… are they all the same? What about space? I'm a spreader.

Okay, so the rooms. They’re not cookie-cutter, thank goodness. Each one has its own character, its own little quirky touches. I heard some other folks were in a room with a fireplace! Mine was smaller, but perfectly formed (and with *amazing* water pressure in the shower, which is important, people!). Space-wise… well, if you're a super-spreader like me, pack light. Or, you know, embrace the cozy. It's part of the charm. I think I went through all the emotions. I was in heaven since that was the most clean that I have ever been. It was a true moment. Then panic. Did I not have enough space? But by the time I was done, I actually appreciated it. It was the perfect space for peace.

Okay, location, location, location! How central is it to Obernai's delights?

Perfect. Absolutely perfect. You step out the door, and boom! You're in the heart of Obernai. The market square is a stone's throw away, the restaurants are within stumbling distance (important!), and all the charming little streets you’ve seen on Instagram? They’re right there. You can literally hear the bells of the church. It's idyllic. It's the kind of place you daydream about before you go, and it *actually* lives up to the dream. It makes me want to go back there right now, just thinking about it.

The owner? What's the vibe? Do they hover? Are they ridiculously French?

The owners are… wonderful. In a non-creepy, genuinely-welcoming way. They're present, but not overbearing. They offer helpful advice (where to eat, what to see), they're genuinely passionate about their little slice of Alsatian heaven. And yes, they're French. In the *best* possible way. Charming, warm, and with a delightful accent. They don't hover. They let you have your space, but they're always there if you need them. They also will make sure to give you some of their family stories which really make you appreciate the place more. After a long day they really make you feel at home and make you want to come back. I love those people.

Alright, the biggie: Would you go back? Honestly?

Without a doubt. In a heartbeat. I'm already mentally planning my next trip. L'Ecurie isn’t just a place to stay; it's an experience. It’s the kind of place that stays with you, makes you smile when you think about it, and has you already starting to plan around it to make sure it'll be the next trip. I was a bit nervous beforehand. I'm a worrier by nature. But honestly? It was *perfect*. Even, yes, despite the tiny chip in the paint. It wouldn't be the same without that little chip. Go. Just go. You won't regret it.

Hotel Finder Reviews

Chambres d'hotes - L'Ecurie Obernai Obernai France

Chambres d'hotes - L'Ecurie Obernai Obernai France

Chambres d'hotes - L'Ecurie Obernai Obernai France

Chambres d'hotes - L'Ecurie Obernai Obernai France

Post a Comment for "Obernai's Hidden Gem: L'Ecurie's Charming Chambres d'Hôtes Await!"